Makes 4 servings
Preparation time 20 minutes • Cooking time 16 minutes
- 12 oz (375 g) diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 11/3 cups (335 mL) chopped onion
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) diced carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced green onions
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hoisin Sauce, divided
- 8 large Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame seeds
- Dust the chicken with the flour and sauté in a skillet sprayed with vegetable oil just until cooked. Alternatively, these can also be grilled on the BBQ! Set aside when cooked through.
- In a large nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil then sauté the onions for 5 minutes or just tender and fragrant. Add the carrots and mushrooms and sauté for another 8 minutes until tender, with no moisture left from the mushrooms. Add the red pepper and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the chicken, water chestnuts, green onions and cilantro.
- Add half of the Hoisin Sauce to the chicken mixture.
- Serve the chicken mixture with the lettuce and the remaining sauce on the side. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Make ahead prepare the entire dish early in the day. Reheat gently in a skillet just before serving.
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Calories 262
- Carbohydrates 31.4 g
- Fibre 4.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g
- Total fat 6.7 g
- Saturated fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 45 mg
- Sodium 525 mg